Monday 15 February 2016

Wandering Weather

Hello Lovelies,
we woke up to sunshine last Wednesday and I couldn't wait to get outdoors. By the front door I smiled at the emerging shoots of bulbs I had forgotten that I had planted........


I tided up the front garden a little, just enough to ease my conscience .....then it was time to go for a walk....yay.

I generally set out from my front door with no firm plan of where to go, but a day like this will always tempt me to go further.
I spot two mums I don't see now the boys are older, out walking their dogs. We stop to chat a while. It seems strange to be discussing what the children are planning to do after GCSE's ....wasn't it just last year they were at primary school?


Soon I'm alone again and listening to the Robin's song...........


Ahh, the hidden foot path....this door always makes me smile.......


It leads to a path between gardens ( but you probably knew that already as I've brought you here before)............


And opens out into the "Hidden Valley". I make up very original names don't I :0)


I walk beside the hedgerow, down the gentle slope.....


I loved the feathery dried flower heads here..........


and the sunlit stream..........


I'm walking in my wellies as I'm anticipating a LOT of mud. Some of my walking group are happy to walk 10 miles in wellies...I can't say I would be keen myself. This borrowed walking pole is also a godsend when the going is slippery............



I wander beside the brook and I'm wondering if I needed my wellies after all. By the pylon the path turns left.........


And up a slippery slope..........


Phew, it makes me hot as I'm wearing too many layers and I'm rather relived to get that bit behind me.......



Here I'm in a small village which is looking pretty on such a gorgeous morning........


It's a very tidy spot but I see they are planning to be part of an event I had not heard about. "Clean for the Queen" is a nationwide initiative to try and combat unwanted litter. You can read about it HERE.
How I abhor litter. I would never knowingly drop rubbish but I must admit I've never actually gone out to pick up other people's litter.

 Bacon butties might tempt me though :0).........



This stream is flowing quickly and I follow the sound of running water........


Aaaah a babbling brook....lovely.......


There are snowdrops here too..........


And I can't resist putting my camera on the ground to try and get a snails-eye view of these February beauties.........

There were LOTS of blurry rejects, but this one worked.

I like the towering fir trees here.........


and this cottage in particular.......



There's a huge Cedar tree too.........well I think that's what it is.........


I stand under it's branches and wonder how old it must be to have got to such a size.........


By a smaller tree there's a  bench........


where pretty Narcissi are flowering..........


And nearby  the low sun illuminates the Crocus..........


I pass the church...........



and start heading north...it's nice to have the sun at my back...........


And in this field I'm so glad to be wearing wellies........


Oh that blue sky with tiny wispy clouds is such a wonderful sight......


A little further along I notice a flock of birds on the ground so I try to sneak up quietly.
Most of them take flight but one or two remain and I manage to get a photo..........


Zoomed in I can see it's markings and as Louise had mentioned a previous sighting I had could have been Redwings I was able to look them up easily.
Thank you Louise :0).........



Here I was getting closer to home, stomping through the puddles and thoroughly enjoying my little self on such a glorious morning..........


and then I was treated to another new bird sighting.....

I think this is a Yellowhammer

There's a high hedge along the bridleway and at first I was not sure if I had heard correctly when amongst the Baaaa's there were little Bheer's . But yes....there were Lambs. It's always a joyful sight...the first lambs of the year. 
I hope they are somewhere warm last night, bless them ( it's frosty out right now) 


The last bit of my walk is along a fast road and I'm not too keen on it, but at least there's a verge and on Wednesday there was blossom.........


Looking perfectly pretty against the blue sky..........


I was home by 11am and this sight in my front garden added to the springlike vibe of my morning perfectly...........

I can see there are plenty of weeds that I missed too :0)

It was a beautiful Wednesday wander and I continue to feel very lucky to have the time to get out and notice the changing seasons.

Thank you for your kind comments on my poem Lovelies, I hope you all have a good week.
Jacquie x

24 comments:

  1. I loved joining you on your Winter walk. It is a real joy to walk in the countryside on a cold sunny day isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Walk again! I like your names, reminds me of famous five books, did you so for ice cream and ginger beer? ;-) The kids really do grow up way too fast. Eldest had her first bunch of red roses this weekend, where did our babies go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Walk again! I like your names, reminds me of famous five books, did you so for ice cream and ginger beer? ;-) The kids really do grow up way too fast. Eldest had her first bunch of red roses this weekend, where did our babies go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jacquie such a lovely walk and i very much enjoyed going along with you and thanks again for sharing such beautiful photo's.....ah yes memories of famous five books as Sharon said and I am way over the other side of the world in Oz and such beautiful country side you live near xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely walk in the spring sunshine, you were well rewarded with beautiful things to see too! It is good to see blue sky, we have not had it for what seems like an age! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely pictures of your walk, it really makes you think Spring will soon be here although it's been snowing in my part of the world. We woke up to everything tuned white this morning although it's starting to melt a little now
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eldest had her first bunch of red roses this weekend, where did our babies go?!!
    please post my blog at My Blog List thank you.http://grannytracescrapsandsquare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful walk and what a treat to see the yellowhammer! It's been lovely, all these sunny days we've had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sunny walk, not much of that happen here of late. So very nice to see signs of spring, it really lifts the mood doesn't it. Whenever I'm out walking in the woods I always pick up trash when I find it, I can't stand to see nature spoiled so. My 'snails eye view' shots turn out that way too, maybe one good one in the bunch.lol Have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh Jacquie, bright blue sky above and waterproof wellies on your feet certainly were perfect ingredients for this walk. I do envy your being able to see those beautiful birds...none of those varieties show up around here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your beautiful walk love the birds.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous, muddy walk with the sun shining. It doesn't get better than this. I'm hoping tomorrow will be sunny like today and then I'll be out again. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for taking us on your walk with you. Love the Litter Pick up sign and the garden gate. Lovely.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy going on your walks with you in a virtual way! It is a great way to explore and see new things. Beautiful photos, especially of the flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your walk.. especially the birds and flowers. Welcome Spring! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous weather, just look at that sky! And what great bird spots, especially the yellowhammer, fantastic, well done you. Is that some sort of plum blossom? I saw the patch of cherry plums locally in bloom yesterday, they look very similar. It might be worth checking back in a few months' time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this has really been a great walk! I've missed visiting your blog, I just love all your beautiful places you show us... xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can't beat a brisk walk on a cold, frosty morning - perfect! Great bird shots, too. You did well to be back by 11 with lots of the day still ahead. Like you, I'm looking forward to spring.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful walk, the sky an amazing colour.
    I was with you every step of the way.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Indeed a lovely walk! Lots of flowers and birds and an open view that is magical!
    I like your boots and really the photo of the mud. As a child I used to love the feel of squishy mud under my feet (with boots.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The English sure know how to make things beautiful for walks, and how to make walks anywhere! I love seeing your pictures of your walks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jacquie, just popping in to say Hi, lovely views and fresh air. We have been walking most weekends too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! Love your photos of the countryside. I visited England in 2014 and I fell in love, I want to go back for a driving trip with my husband.
    My favorite movies are the ones placed in the UK countryside, such beautiful landscape.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.